Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Starting Fresh



It's been a few days since I've taken the time to write a good entry here! Shame shame! But I really had a great relaxing time and I feel refreshed and ready to get back to "real life". I definitely don't regret taking those extra days off work or lazing around watching Grey's! I feel like my normal self again!

Lately I've been wanting to just live to grab the bull by the horns, to run in the wheat, to live life fully. I've always wanted to learn Karate, for some reason it's been a life goal for me...I'm not sure when it started or why even, but it's there.

Last week I visited a Karate class with my sister. Our friends were trying to set her up with one of the black belt dudes there...it didn't work, but at least I had an excuse to tag along and see what the class was like. It was intimidating. A lot of shouting "os" whenever the teacher said anything, running laps, push-ups, huffing and puffing, sparring, hissing through their teeth...I just watched. And I loved what I saw! It looks scary, tough and sweaty...but in a super good and challenging way.

I need an updated work out. I go to the gym, jog for half hour, do weights (holy crap did those lunges ever hurt the other day!!) and it's all fine and dandy, but I need something to spice it all up. So I'm going to join Karate. As soon as I cancel my gym membership. I can't afford them both. Maybe I'll post my first picture of myself on here in my Karate outfit. My husband says it's not an "outfit", that that's a girly word, but really...I'm not sure what the real word for it is.

I had made it a goal to become a black belt by the time I was 30...but since I haven't started yet and I'm 24...I'm not sure that it's going to happen.

Anyone else ever tried a martial art? What was your experience like?

3 comments:

twiddlestix said...

Go for it! Sorry, I never had the urge to get into it. It looks painful to me! Have fun!

katelynjane said...

Thanks! (: There's not a lot of direct / hard contact from what I saw, but even if there was, that' woudln't stop me (: I'm SOOO excited about starting!!

Anonymous said...

wow thats cool i wish i could do thos movs. i probly could not do that but i could play bace ball. i hit a home run onece on the last game. i played on the blue jays teme. i was vary prowd of my self.

by for now, Emily